Analysis of Credit Risk, Efficiency, Liquidity, and Profitability of Selected Non-Bank Financial Institution: An Empirical Study
Keywords:Loan to Deposit Ratio, Net Interest Margin, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Non-Performing Loans, Return on Assets.
AbstractFinancial Institutes are the lifeblood of the financial system of any country that plays an intermediary between the surplus and deficit unit of any society. So the efficiency and performance of a financial institution is the indication of sound financial system. In this study the authors are trying to analyze the factors such as credit risk, efficiency, liquidity, and profitability; which affect the performance of non-bank financial institutions. The methods used are descriptive with secondary data from financial statements of Non-Bank Financial Institutions from 2010 to 2015. Linear regressions, ANOVA, hypothesis testing while using F-test to examine the effect of variables simultaneously with a significance level of 5 %. Based on the results it is concluded that partial NPM and ROA have positive and significant effects on LDR. NPL has a negative effect of loan to deposit ratio. The amount of the contribution or influence variable of NIM, OPM, NPM, ROA, ROE and NPL to the dependent variable of LDR is 87.45% while the remaining 12.55% thought to be influenced by other variables not examined in this study.
Adhikari B. K. (2007), â€œNonperforming Loans in the Banking Sector of Bangladesh: Realities and Challengesâ€, BIBM.
Buchory, H. A.(2006),â€œThe Influence of Financial Intermediary Function Implementation, Risk Management Application and Bank Capital Structure on Banking Financial Performanceâ€DisertasiFakultasEkonomi, UniversitasPadjadjaran Bandung.
Buchory, H. A. (2014), â€œAnalysis of the Effect of Capital, Net Interest Margin, Credit Risk and Profitability in the Implementation of Banking Intermediationâ€, European Journal of Business and Management, ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper), Vol.6, No.24, 2014.
Haneef, S., and Riaz, T. (2012), â€œImpact of Risk Management on Non-Performing Loans and Profitability of Banking Sector of Pakistanâ€, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 3 No. 7.
Haruna, Muhammad Auwalu, (2011)â€œDeterminant of Cost of Financial Intermediation in Nigeriaâ€™s Pre-consolidated Banking Sectorâ€, Department of Accounting Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Nigeria.
M. K. Dash, 2010 â€œThe Determinants of Non-Performing Assets in Indian Commercial Bank: An Econometric Studyâ€.
Mishkin, Frederic S. and Stanley G. Eakins, (2006),â€œFinancial Market & Institutionsâ€, Fifth Edition, New York :Peaerson, Addison Wesley
Odedokun, M.O. (1998),â€œFinancial intermediation and economic growth in developing countriesâ€, Journal of Economic Studies, Vol. 25 Issue : 3 p. 203 â€“ 224.
Rahman Q. M. (2012), â€œAll about non-performing loan: The Bangladesh scenarioâ€.
Rahman, S. (2016), â€œThree non-banks weigh down entire sectorâ€, The Daily Star, August 14, 2016; http://www.thedailystar.net/business/three-non-banks-weigh-down-entire-sector-1269451.
Rajan, R., and Sarat, C. D. (2003), â€œNon-performing Loans and Terms of Credit of Public Sector Banks in India: An Empirical Assessmentâ€, 24(3), 81-121
Saba, I. Kouser, R. and Azeem, M. (2012), â€œDeterminants of Non-Performing Loans: Case of US Banking Sectorâ€, Volume Number 44.
Sinkey, J. F. and Mary B. G. (1991), â€œLoan-Loss Experience and Risk-Taking Behavior at Large Commercial Banksâ€ Journal of Financial Services Research.
Tracey, M. (2011), â€œThe Impact of Non-performing Loans on Loan Growth: an econometric case study of Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobagoâ€.
Wallich, C.I. (2006), â€œStatus of Non-performing Loans in Banking Sector in Bangladeshâ€, 1st Edition.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).